The Academic Technology Advisory Group provides advice and guidance to University executive leadership on the use of technology in enhancing the quality of teaching and learning and the overall academic experience of York’s students.
- Develop high level plans and strategies to guide the innovative use of technology in advancing the University’s strategic priorities.
- Reviews annual unit plans for the use of technology and provide advice on priorities within those plans.
- Provide oversight of the implementation and progress of initiatives in support of the use of technology in teaching and learning.
- Advise on direction for instructional/classroom technology.
- Provide ongoing guidance and recommendations for the selection of emerging learning systems technologies.
- Advise on and provide input into the development of University policies and guidelines in relation to the use of academic technology.
- Sponsor initiatives and/or working groups to engage in projects that promote the effective use of information technology in support of teaching, learning and the student academic experience;
- Consult with other groups (e.g. students) within the York community on issues related to technology use in teaching, learning and research.
- Advise on the development/evolution and delivery of services that support the use of technology in teaching.
- Will Gage, Associate Vice-President Teaching and Learning (Co-Chair)
- Bob Gagne, Chief Information Officer, University Information Technology, (Co-Chair)
- Avi Cohen, Professor, Faculty of LA&PS
- Donald Ipperciel, Principal, Glendon College
- Blal Mangat, Student Representative
- Kim Michasiw, Vice-Dean, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Sushanta Mitra, Chair, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Lassonde School of Engineering
- Susan Murtha, Associate Dean Teaching & Learning, Faculty of Health
- Ron Owston, Interim Dean, Faculty of Education
- Celia Popovic, Director, Teaching Commons
- Karthiga Sandrasri, Teaching and Learning Officer, Office of the AVP Teaching & Learning
- Judith Schwarz, Associate Professor, School of Arts, Media, Performance and Design
- Adam Taves, Acting Associate University Librarian